Here’s your latest intel on the local food scene:
- In the world of chains, few have the reputation of Zankou Chicken, the famed Los Angeles-based chicken chain that has built up a cult-like following over its nearly four-decade-long existence—and it will finally open its Long Beach at Lakewood Boulevard and Willow Street “hopefully by June,” according to a hiring manager hosting a hiring event at the location earlier this week. Taking over the second, easterly suite at 2590 N. Lakewood Blvd., the plan when it was first announced back in March of 2022 to have it open before the major holidays, according to a marketing representative with the company.
Courtesy of LB Living.
- The 4th annual Pista de Mayo festival, dedicated to all things Filipino, returns with a major in-person event on Saturday, May 6, from 10AM to 6PM at the Jackie Robinson Academy Field at Pine Avenue and 27th. For more information, including how to buy tickets, click here.
“A Pacific Coast Highway” will be opening at the 2nd + PCH retail complex. Photo by Brian Addison.
- ICYMI: River Jetty Restaurant Group—the OC food giant behind the base moniker legend that is A Restaurant in Newport Beach—are moving beyond the Orange Curtain to open a location in Long Beach dubbed “A Pacific Coast Highway” at the 2nd + PCH retail complex. For the full piece regarding the opening, click here.
The Los Angeles Independent Beer Festival in DTLA in 2022. Courtesy of LA Beer Week.
- ICYMI: The region’s largest festival dedicated to the almighty beer will be moving from its historic home in DTLA to the shores of Long Beach, bringing with it 75 breweries, 150 beers, and unlimited tastings. For the full piece regarding the festival, click here.
The 4th Horseman in DTLB. Photo by Brian Addison.
- ICYMI: The 4th Horseman will show “fucked up, weird, and obscure” films every last Wednesday of the month—think Troma Entertainment style movies like “The Toxic Avenger” and cult favorites like “Howard the Duck.” Pizza, beer, weird movies? Bring it. For the full piece regarding the event, click here.