When Jordyn Collins decided to create a YouTube channel showing off her and her dad Chad’s LEGO creations—dubbed “Your Creative Friends”—she nor her father knew it would eventually blow up into 12 million views across 500 videos.
Even more, they hardly knew they would eventually host and carry out the country’s largest festival dedicated to the tiny-but-mighty, colorful bricks.
And that means over one million LEGO bricks are coming to DTLB’s Convention Center thanks to Brick Fest Live, the touring festival dedicated to all things LEGOs—and it will all go down across the course of one day, July 15.
The multi-sectioned event—with tickets ranging from $17 to $38, the latter ticket garnering you a VIP badge and a collector’s pin—will have more than just the largest collection of life-sized models of various things (like Darth Vader in Lego form, but the size of an actual human).
It will also include:
- A brick pit with over 200,000 pieces to dive into (or step on?);
- A “Glow Zone,” dedicated to all bricks that glowing the dark;
- A graffiti wall, where kids and adults alike are encouraged to add whatever bricks in whatever style across a wall that will stretch a huge portion of the convention floor;
- A mosaic gallery, where guests are handed a white flat slate to use single brick pieces to create something beautiful or terrifying or hideous or whatever they like,,,;
- Contestants from FOX’s “Lego Masters” series and what is being dubbed as “screen quality” cosplayers;
- A Minecraft-dedicated zone;
- Derby races;
- And a giant floor mural that is a convention-centric collaboration effort